IP monitoring and risk analysis
- Analysis of current competition environment in various jurisdictions (European Union countries, Great Britain, USA, Singapore, Canada, Japan, RF, Ukraine), detection of similar symbols/labels used by competitors, risks of violation of competitors’ IP rights.
- In-depth analysis of detected risks with respect to detected competitors’ similar symbols/labels, their IP rights, assessment of the risk of adjudgment on trademark’s/symbol’s similarity/blending or unfair competition.
- Providing recommendations on minimising risks with respect to disputes involving competitors’ IP rights, for the purpose of safely entering a new market and registering own trademark / domain name.
Representing client’s interests in case of detection of any infringement of IP rights by your competitor
- Drawing up cease and desist letters with respect to infringement of IP rights, recovery of damages, compensation; responses to competitors’ claims; maintaining negotiations during the pre-trial stage; negotiating with competitors over pre-trial dispute settlement.
- Representation during examination of disputes in Belarusian and/or foreign arbitration institutions, in particular in WIPO Arbitration and Mediation Center, representation in the IP judicial board of the Supreme Court of the Republic of Belarus.
- Monitoring judicial proceedings in national courts of European Union countries, Great Britain, USA, Russian Federation, and in the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO).
We have many years’ experience of representing our clients in disputes involving trademarks and domain names, protection of interests under the UDRP procedure in the WIPO Arbitration and Mediation Center. Most cases have been successfully resolved by us already in the pre-trial stage.
We maintain close and active relations with partners in many foreign jurisdictions, which allows us to represent clients immediately in situ, in particular in foreign courts.