Solid practice advising regional and domestic clients on commercial disputes.
Our attorneys are ready to provide legal assistance in the following areas:
- Development of strategy of protection and preparation of legal position, assessment of possible risks and prospects of a judicial dispute;
- Protection of interests in disputes related to the quality of construction works, including disputes on the elimination of deficiencies in the period of warranty terms;
- Disputes on the recovery of the cost of works performed, including those related to refusal to sign acceptance and delivery certificates;
- Disputes related to execution and payment for additional works;
- Disputes on the collection of the sum of guarantee retainage;
- Disputes on the collection of penalties and losses for failure to fulfill obligations under the contract;
- Disputes related to the conclusion of a construction contract, unilateral withdrawal from the contract, early termination of obligations under the contract;
- Protection of the interests of engineering organizations and customers in disputes over the quality of technical supervision services;
- Representation and protection of interests in disputes over contracts for design and surveying works;
- Pre-trial settlement of disputes between construction participants: legal advice, claim settlement, support of pre-trial negotiations.
AECOM is a global leader in providing design services for the construction industry and are listed by Fortune 500. In Belarus, AECOM is involved in the construction of the GazProm centre in Minsk worth 900 mln USD. Our lawyers consulted the Client for the purpose of settling differences with the customer, and in particular developed a strategy and a legal position to protect the Client’s interests in court in an action of collection of penalties for unsatisfactory provision of services.
Protecting Unibep's interests
Legal representation of Unibep a Polish general contractor involved in the construction of a multimodal industrial logistical complex in disputes with customer.
Settlement of dispute with owner of Kempinski hotel construction project
RIKO is a major Slovenian construction company chosen as general contractor for a hotel complex project in Minsk centre.
Our attorneys settled a dispute with the customer – from risk assessment to current support in court.
The multi-million disputes were successfully resolved due to assistance provided by our law firm.
Recovering 1 mln euros for "Vysoki Zamok"
“Vysoki Zamok” is a major construction company. Our attorneys represented “Vysoki Zamok” as general contractor in a construction dispute with a customer. As a result, a debt of over 1 mln euros was collected in full, as well as currency translation differences.
Reconstruction of sewage treatment facilities in Baranovichy
ARGINTA is a major Lithuanian company involved in water management and renewable energy.
Our associates consulted the client under an EBRD financed project for the reconstruction of water treatment facilities in the city of Baranovichy (client acted as contractor). We consulted on Belarusian construction laws and application of FIDIC forms under the project. Also, our attorneys represented the customer in settling disputes under the contractor agreements, which was challenging due to the compulsory condition to settle the dispute exclusively extrajudicially.
Defending Bauer Technics a.s. in IAC under the BelCCI
Representing Bauer Technics a.s. in the International Arbitration Court under the Belarusian Chamber of Commerce and Industry in a dispute with Borysov Meat Factory involving collection of VAT sums in excess of contract sum. The complexity and uniqueness of this case was in that there was no similar judicial practice in Belarus prior to it.