Solid practice advising regional and domestic clients on commercial disputes.
Main areas of legal assistance:
- Representation of interests in disputes arising from software development agreements, license agreements such as developer-customer / developer-publisher / developer-licensee disputes;
- Representation of interests in disputes arising from other agreements related to the creation of copyright objects (websites, works of art, etc.);
- Representation of interests in disputes related to the infringement of trademarks and trade names exclusive rights;
- Advising and representation of clients in disputes related to the domain names;
- Advising and managing DMCA-based copyright or trademark infringement disputes regarding mobile apps;
- Advising and support in the prevention of apps piracy;
- Representation of interests in antitrust and competition law disputes related to the use of trademarks;
- Representation in disputes related to the infringement of the exclusive rights to industrial property.
REVERA acts for private and public clients active in a wide range of sectors in litigation and arbitration work that often reaches international courts. Although it handles a broad caseload spanning banking, manufacturing, and pharmaceutical disputes, investment litigation is a notable specialism.
High level professional skills.
Experts in the field
Domain dispute in WIPO Arbitration and Mediation Center under UDRP Policy
Representing foreign IT company in its dispute in WIPO Arbitration and Mediation Center under the UDRP Policy procedure involving transfer of a domain name on the motion of foreign owners of trademarks.
Protecting client in a Californian court
We were involved in two disputes in the District Court of the Northern District of California, protecting a Belarusian computer games developer from motions by a French and a Turkish companies claiming violation of copyright on a mobile phone game, unlawful use of means of individualisation and unfair competition.
Protecting copyrights in AppStore
Consulting a number of Belarusian IT companies on disputes with competitors involving violation of copyright on AppStore applications.
After registering a trademark, a Belarusian manufacturer began forbidding client’s imports of medicines in Belarus. For the purpose of protecting the client, we appealed to the Ministry of Antimonopoly Regulation and Trade and initiated a number of procedures and appeal petitions. Upon our application, the anti-monopoly body acknowledged competitor’s actions as unfair competition.
Further on, we represented the client in the Supreme Court in an appeal process initiated by the competitor. The court again confirmed that the competitor committed acts of unfair competition.
A foreign wine manufacturer
The client, a renowned wine producer, noticed that its Belarusian competitor registered a trademark in Belarus almost identical with a trademark owned by our client. Our attorneys contested legal protection of competitor’s trademark in the Appellate Council under the National Intellectual Property Centre and in the Judicial Board for Intellectual Property of the Supreme Court of the Republic of Belarus
Representation of Samsung in a case involving unconscientious activities of an individual that ahd registered Samsung.by domain and used it to place advertising hyperlinks on web-pages of some online stores. REVERA represented Samsung in a judicial proceeding in the Supreme Court of the Republic of Belarus, with the result that the domain was conferred to the client.