Kamal focuses on international judicial/arbitration disputes, in particular complicated judicial cases involving foreign entities and various jurisdictions. Also, Kamal monitors foreign judicial proceedings. Kamal is also experienced in domestic and international investment disputes.
Kamal adheres to a balanced approach, believing that sublime juridical expertise implies not winning 100 cases out of 100, but achieving a goal without a judicial proceeding. Kamal is experienced in specific features of procedures of state bodies and institutions, as he had over the long term, worked for a major state-run holding and for a state-run oil products exporting company.
Kamal's recent experience in resolving disputes includes, among other things:
- Consulting a major Belarusian IT company in the context of discord with a German shareholder in regard to a joint venture registered in Malta.
- Consulting in the context of an investment dispute under ICSID Additional facility rules.
- Consulting a Belarusian IT company in the context of disputes with competitors with respect to infringement of copyrights and unfair competition in regard to an app placed at Apple Appstore and Google Play Market, in the Federal district court of California's Northern district.
- Consulting a CIS manufacturer in the context of a dispute with a Belarusian state-run enterprise in regard to an international purchase-and-sale agreement, in the International Arbitration Court under the Belarusian CCI.
- Consulting IT companies in the context of disputes in WIPO Arbitration and Mediation Center in regard to transfer of a domain name.
- Consulting a Swiss entity in the context of a complex dispute with a Belarusian company examined both in Switzerland and Belarus.
- Consulting a Belarusian IT company in the context of discord with a competitor involving infringement of copyright in regard to an app placed at Apple Appstore.
- Consulting a Belarusian company in the context of a dispute with a Russian counterparty under an international purchase-and-sale agreement, in the Chinese International Economic and Trade Arbitration Committee (CIETAC).
Protecting client's interests in ICAC
Advocacy for client in the ICAC at the Russian CCI against lawsuit from a Russian company seeking to collect monetary assets under the Guarantee governed by English law.
Investment arbitration dispute (treaty of the EAEU)
Consulting and representing as a local counsel in an investment arbitration dispute under ICSID Additional facility rules and connected disputes.
Domain dispute in WIPO Arbitration and Mediation Center under UDRP Policy
Representing foreign IT company in its dispute in WIPO Arbitration and Mediation Center under the UDRP Policy procedure involving transfer of a domain name on the motion of foreign owners of trademarks.
Protecting client in a Californian court
We were involved in two disputes in the District Court of the Northern District of California, protecting a Belarusian computer games developer from motions by a French and a Turkish companies claiming violation of copyright on a mobile phone game, unlawful use of means of individualisation and unfair competition.
Arbitration proceeding in the Chinese International Economic and Commercial Arbitration Committee
Legal support of a dispute of a Belarusian company with a Russian counterparty under an international sales contract in an arbitration proceeding under the Chinese International Economic and Trade Arbitration Committee (CIETAC).
UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules
Consulting as a local counsel in an investment arbitration dispute under UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules.
Адвокат юридической консультации «Бизнес.Право.Налоги» Минской областной коллегии адвокатов.
Лицензия № 02240/3146, выдана на основании решения от 05.11.2021 г. №197 и зарегистрирована в реестре специальных разрешений (лицензий) Министерства юстиции Республики Беларусь за №3146