REVERA acted as a consultant to Eurotorog in the first IPO for Belarus on the London Stock Exchange.
Our lawyers were tasked with advising a client on a $ 300 million initial public offering (IPO) and listing on the London Stock Exchange.
Also the project included:
- legal audit of Eurotorg LLC and a bank that is part of the Eurotorg group,
- analysis of the prospectus and other documents required for the IPO,
- preparation of a legal opinion,
- negotiating with the National Bank of the Republic of Belarus
- development of proposals for amendments to banking legislation.
Eurotorg is the largest food retailer in Belarus, accounting for 19% of the market. The company's business was launched in 1993. Eurotorg operates 870 stores of various formats (hypermarkets, supermarkets and convenience stores) under the Euroopt and Brusnichka brands. Every day the chain stores serve about 1 million customers in 323 settlements of Belarus.
The project was carried out by a team of "Banking and Finance" practice headed by Olga Polozova, who acted as the project manager.